- Responsible for accurate application of fertilizer and crop protection products.
- This individual is vital to ensure customer satisfaction in the results of prescription nutrient placement and crop protection.
- The Professional Applicator’s performance is critical in avoiding customer complaints and insurance claims and settlements for poor or misapplications.
- This individual also has the responsibility of determining conditions at time of application and communicating potential concerns or problems to the agronomy salesperson before application takes place.
- A Professional Applicator is expected to act as a promoter of Farmers Union Cooperative in all customer and employee interactions as well as demonstrating a high quality of work in all tasks performed.
- Custom Application of fertilizer, lime and crop protection products
- Maintain a working knowledge of GPS systems and associated equipment
- Accurate record keeping of products applied is required
- Equipment maintenance and repairs; upkeep of applicators, retrieving parts, help keep all equipment clean, presentable and in good working condition at all times
- Plant operations and maintenance; assist as needed in mixing and blending of products as directed by Agronomy Facility Manager
- Aid in maintenance of fertilizer and chemical facilities
- Warehousing/Deliveries; aid as needed in delivery of chemicals, seed, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of products and services offered by Farmers Union Cooperative in conjunction with products being applied
- Have the ability to evaluate field situations prior to application to avoid misapplications and communicate these findings to the salesperson or Agronomy Manager
- Have the flexibility to assist in other duties as needed or directed by the Agronomy Manager
- Be aware of any special needs, concerns, or expectations of the grower before you enter the farm
- Bring back information to the Agronomy Manager or sales person that may result in better customer satisfaction or result in a cross selling opportunity
- Must possess a Iowa Commercial Pesticide Operators License
- Valid Class A Commercial driver’s license (CDL) and clean driving record are required
- Valid Tanker Endorsement
- Must be able to communicate clearly effectively both written and verbally
- Ability to work with numbers, and work with interruption in a fast paced environment
- Need to maintain a positive attitude with other employees and customers
- Strong problem solving skills are necessary
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail are essential
- Must possess computer skills adequate to operate cab mounted application systems
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment and repair as necessary
- Ability to read maps and follow directions
- Ability to lift 60 pounds
- Hours: Daily hours Monday through Friday with Saturday and Sunday hours expected during field work. Some unpredictable and extended work hours including seasonally extended hours will occur
- A comfortable work environment will be provided
- Working with fertilizer and chemicals will be required
- Travel between Farmers Union Cooperative offices, vendor or customer locations may be required
- Pay is based on qualifications and experience.
- Farmers Union Cooperative offers an impressive benefits package.
- Benefits include when qualifications are met: Paid time off, Floating Holidays, 401K with company match, Health Insurance, Dental and Vision and a pension plan.
Basic requirements for employment at Farmers Union Cooperative include:
positive attitude, initiative, strong work ethic, cooperation, supportive team member, reliability, integrity and tact with fellow employees and customers.
Other jobs you may like
FarmRx Site Specific Ag Director
- @ NuWay-K&H Cooperative
- 440 Hwy 4 S, Trimont, MN, 56176