- Supports New Vision Co-op’s stated Vision, Mission, and Business Values.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Comply with safety and security policies and participate in safety training.
- Direct work effort of location grain elevator employees.
- Coordinate labor requirements with Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintenance of train loading equipment.
- Direct rail loading operations.
- Blends grain to contract specifications.
- Trains employees on railcar loadout procedures as well as additional site training for new employees including seasonal workers.
- Ensures elevator facility and grounds are clean.
- Ensures grain handling and grain drying equipment as well as rolling stock is maintained and in working order.
- Maintains the quality and quantity of grain.
- Monitors Agri Dry grain inventory system (if applicable).
- Perform routine inventory measurements and monitor grain quality; record and report data. Provides Grain Department Manager with a weekly report on grain inventory and quality.
- Coordinates elevator receiving and shipping logistics and quality requirements with Grain Department Manager.
- Is the location contact person and monitors site visitors.
- Report machinery repair of maintenance issues by submitting a work order to Grain Department Manager.
- Maintains a filing system for all machinery operating manuals.
- Operate the track-mobile and/or locomotive, the rail bulk scale and follows railcar loading procedure.
- Accurately weigh and grade inbound and outbound grain, enter all required fields in scale computer, and place grain in proper bin.
- Notify grain hedge desk of all grain purchases immediately.
- Assist with routine equipment maintenance, inspections and repairs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Constant observation and detection of abnormal equipment operation.
- Monitor bearings and leg belt alignment.
- Lubrication of bearings and gearboxes as necessary.
- Inspection and adjustment of conveyor chain tension.
- Ensure that mobile equipment is operational.
- Identify grain and dust leaks and repair immediately. Notify supervisor if maintenance assistance is required.
- Accurately blend and load out truck grain.
- Maintain accurate documentation as required for housekeeping, maintenance, and safety.
- Clean bin bottoms annually.
- Operate grain dryer (if applicable)
- Assist other grain locations or departments as necessary including helping with train loading and the agronomy department in the spring.
- Accept additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the Grain Department Manager or Chief Executive Officer.
- Read and follow New Vision employee polices.
RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 4 years’ experience in grain elevator operations.
- Must have a proven ability to independently operate shuttle site equipment and a verified proficiency in all grain elevator operator job duties.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work as a team member.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly with customers and co-workers.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to acquire a CDL.
BENEFITSWhy New Vision? Along with competitive wages, New Vision offers well rounded health insurance benefits including dental, vision, group life, & long/short term disability, HSA/FSA, and 401k (with a 6% company match). Employees benefits also include paid holidays, volunteer time, PTO, clothing allowances, referral program, and profit sharing.
Responsible for managing shuttle site employees, inventory, and equipment to load shuttle trains within the allotted time. Performs all aspects of grain elevator operation. Operates grain elevator equipment independently.