- Supports New Vision Co-op’s stated Vision, Mission, and Business Values.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Operates technologically advanced machinery to spread fertilizer and agricultural chemicals in an accurate manner.
- Precisely blends and custom applies fertilizers and agricultural chemicals based on recommendations and label directions.
- Drive Tender Truck and Applicator Vehicles as needed.
- Performs jobs safely and in compliance with environmental regulations. Comply with safety and security policies and participate in safety training.
- Maintains facility (inside and out), equipment and rolling stock on a routine basis so that they have a good appearance and are always in working order.
- Performs mechanic work on selected vehicles.
- Completes applicator logs and reports.
- Keeps the supervisors informed of product inventory levels that could restrict application or delivery schedules.
- Keeps facility and equipment records as required.
- Loads and unloads inbound and outbound inventory.
- Accurately weigh and grade inbound and outbound grain, enter all required fields in scale computer, and place grain in proper bin.
- Notify grain hedge desk of all grain purchases immediately.
- Perform routine inventory measurements and monitor grain quality; record and report data.
- Assist with routine equipment maintenance, inspections and repairs. This includes but is not limited to:
- Constant observation and detection of abnormal equipment operation.
- Monitor bearings and leg belt alignment.
- Lubrication of bearings and gearboxes as necessary.
- Inspection and adjustment of conveyor chain tension.
- Ensure that mobile equipment is operational.
- Identify grain and dust leaks and repair immediately. Notify supervisor if maintenance assistance is required.
- Accurately blend and load out truck grain.
- Maintain accurate documentation as required for grain housekeeping, maintenance, and safety.
- Clean grain bins annually.
- Operate grain dryer.
- Participate in the loading of trains.
- Learn to operate the trackmobile and/or locomotive, the rail bulk scale and procedure for railcars.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to evolving technology and applicating practices as they change within New Vision.
- Perform yard maintenance including driveways, mowing, weed control, and snow removal.
- Read and follow New Vision employee polices.
- Performs additional tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor and Department Managers.
RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have a basic understanding of machinery operation and dry material handling.
- Must have the ability to perform routine maintenance tasks and perform accurate weight and inventory measurements.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work as a team member.
- Experience as a custom applicator or operating large equipment such as pay loaders, tractors, etc. preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Possess the ability to communicate clearly with customers and co-workers.
- Valid driver’s license with the ability to obtain a Class A CDL with health card certification within 1 year of hire. Must have an acceptable MVR. An applicator’s license that meets the minimum compliance requirements of the regulatory state in which the applicator operates.
BENEFITSWhy New Vision? Along with competitive wages, New Vision offers well rounded health insurance benefits including dental, vision, group life, & long/short term disability, HSA/FSA, and 401k (with a 6% company match). Employees benefits also include paid holidays, volunteer time, PTO, clothing allowances, referral program, and profit sharing.
With roots reaching back to 1901, New Vision Co-op serves more than 2,000 member-owners from 18 different locations, providing products and services focused on feed, grain, and agronomy. New Vision offers limitless opportunities for passionate individuals looking to unlock a deeper value for the future of agriculture and our communities. Our growing company is in search for new talent for the role of Operations Technician.
Summary: This position will operate equipment, including but not limited to airflow and sprayer, for the application of nutrients and crop protection to customers’ fields in a safe, accurate, and efficient manner while interacting with our customers in a professional manner. Assists with customer walk-ins and delivery of products. The position includes driving semi and straight trucks hauling fertilizer and grain. Perform grain operations duties including: receiving grain, accurately weighing & grading and placing in proper bins; loads out grain according to contract specifications. Maintain facility, equipment and grounds according to maintenance schedules, policies and procedures. Attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership in the work and the equipment used is essential.