- Supports New Vision Co-op’s stated Vision, Mission, and Business Values.
- Projects a positive attitude to customers and employees at all times.
- Provides outstanding and courteous customer service.
- Perform all repairs and maintenance according to OSHA and New Vision safety standards.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with operators or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Lay out, assembles, installs, and maintains related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs other wooden structures.
- Completes paperwork as required by supervisor.
- Assist other locations or departments as necessary and accepts additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the Supervisor or Chief Executive Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIESSummary: Installs, maintains, and repairs machinery, equipment, and physical structures at New Vision facilities. Performs functions at the plants and facilities that may include maintenance of equipment, plants, rolling stock, operation of forklifts, loaders, and other duties as required. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Associates degree in a discipline that is relative to job; and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and knowledge or experience with hand and power tools.
- Proven track record of the ability to organize and carry-out daily schedule.
- Valid driver’s license.,
BENEFITSWhy New Vision? Along with competitive wages, New Vision offers well rounded health insurance benefits including dental, vision, group life, & long/short term disability, HSA/FSA, and 401k (with a 6% company match). Employees benefits also include paid holidays, volunteer time, PTO, clothing allowances, referral program, and profit sharing.
With roots reaching back to 1901, New Vision Co-op serves more than 2,000 member-owners from 18 different locations, providing products and services focused on feed, grain, and agronomy. New Vision offers limitless opportunities for passionate individuals looking to unlock a deeper value for the future of agriculture and our communities. Our growing company is in search for new talent for the role of Maintenance Technician.