- Coordinate and oversee general operations and maintenance duties of dry fertilizer plant including, but not limited to blending and dispatching of fertilizer. Assist with all other Agronomy duties, occasional mixing liquid loads, delivery and tending.
- Must be able to complete normal or general maintenance on equipment (Dry, Liquid, NH3).
- Excellent computer skills and ability to manage various agriculture platforms
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage product flow from requisition to field delivery
- Accurate and timely completion of all pertinent maintenance documentation/record keeping
- Help maintain dry fertilizer inventories and assist with other inventory of all Agronomy products
- Receiving of incoming product (either by rail or truck)
- Occasional Agronomy delivery and tending
- General grounds/yard maintenance (mowing, snow removal, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by management **
RESPONSIBILITIESEssential Job Functions:
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma Required (or GED)
- 2 year agriculture degree preferred or equivalent years of on the job experience
- This position is expected to obtain and maintain within 3 months of hire
- Class A CDL, CA License 1A, 1B, and 1C
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic understanding of agriculture/agronomy operations and agronomy products
- Basic mechanical aptitude; ability to operate ag equipment—skid loader, payloader, fork lift, etc.
- Knowledge of Oakland, AgWorld and Kahler Automation systems highly preferred, but not required
- Ability to lift and transport up to 75 lbs. and climb various heights and ability to work at various heights
- Overtime/weekends are mandatory during peak seasons
BENEFITSMedical Dental Vision Long-Term disability Group Life Insurance Program Voluntary Life Insurance Voluntary Short-Term Disability Retirement Plans Aflac Section 125 Cafeteria Plan Employee Assistance Program Employee Referral Program
Under general direction, this safety minded and self-starting individual will serve as Maintenance & Operations Leader by performing a variety of duties relating to agronomy sales, production and delivery. Compliance with OSHA, DOT and Hazmat regulations as well as LOTO procedures. This position will report to the Agronomy Site Manager.