- Daily activities include logistics management of commodity contracts, customer/supplier communications for the purpose of purchasing of the specific commodity, local market analysis activity, and accounts receivable management.
- Execution of purchase contracts with accurate documentation while ensuring contract compliance
- Awareness and understanding of marketing alternatives and digital tools used to make purchasing decisions, as well as enhance and manage producer relationships.
- Maintain strong working relationships with farm producers by providing credible and trustworthy marketing services that contributes to the company’s excellent customer service image in the farming community.
- Assist team in building new relationships with new producers.
- Interact with customers, express ideas, and share opinions with FCA team on customer trends and opinions from marketing ideas to planting and crop conditions
- Provide customers with accurate market information and answers to questions about their business transactions.
- Contract management including reconciling balances with customer
- Implements and executes marketing and origination plan within area in line with FCA's overall origination strategy to include origination history, and goal setting
- Demonstrates strong understanding of grain origination products and services.
- Obtain customer information via phone when truck arrives at probe
- Enter customer data into inbound computer
- Weighing and grading of in-bound grain using both computer and manual tools to measure grain.
- Sample grain to determine grade, moisture level, foreign matter and damage and record in computer system.
- Properly dispose of all grade samples by placing them in the proper containers dependent on grade.
- Use outbound computer to weigh outbound trucks
- Demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness in reporting to work, meetings and completing assignments
- Learn/Understand local producer trends and assist in communicating this information as required.
- Assists producers in diversifying price risk through FCA products and services.
- Responsible for contributed commodity volume purchases on weekly basis.
- Regularly attends and participates in internal grain/economic market meetings.
- Identifies, evaluates, leverages and grows the origination and local truck market business internally and externally through market share, producer base and volume.
- Works with designated safety team to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations regarding occupational health and safety.
- Motivates the team to improve quality, safety and cost performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in business related field or equivalent experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills and relationship building capability.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly skilled in problem solving techniques.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, along with desire to learn new programs.
- Physical Demands:
- Lift – Up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Carry - Up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Bend – normal day-to-day bending
- Sit – Extensive at a desk/computer
Job Title: Grain Originator
The Grain Originator role is a commodity trading position responsible for purchasing commodities from producer customers and maintaining and enhancing grower relationships. This role works with a provided grower list to maintain business and relationships. Originators contribute to the daily operations and provide administrative support for the department to maximize efficiencies that will directly contribute to the profitability of Farmers Coop Association/Vision Ag by working collaboratively with the purchasing team. This role will partner closely with the logistics team, accounting team, merchandisers and facility/plant staff.
Primarily office setting with some visits to customers at their location. This position will be based out of Ainsworth, IA or Libertyville, IA.
The above declarations are not intended to be used as an “all inclusive” list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described or of the skills and abilities required to perform the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general requirements of the job.