- Cost Consciousness - Works within the approved budget.
- Team Work - Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Organizational Support - Supports the organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Customer Service - Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Safety and Security - Observe safety and security procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIESTo perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Education/Experience: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public. The ability to speak Spanish is not required, but desirable. Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of or the ability to learn AS 400 accounting and inventory software, Word, and Excel. Some prior familiarity with RCI maintenance would also be useful. Certificates and Licenses: A weighing license and grain grading certification may be required. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and insurability at all times. Work Schedule Must be able to work flexible hours to accommodate inbound/outbound grain by truck, rail, and/or barge, as well as assist in managing 24 hours/day elevator and/or mill operation schedule. Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises employees in the location. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious locations; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals, and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and climb or balance. The employee is exposed to long seasonal work hours. PCP Level: 4 Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly.
BENEFITSGroup Health Insurance Life Insurance Flex Spending Accounts Vacation (PTO) & Paid Holidays Short & Long term Disability Allowance for Work Clothing Continued Education Reimbursements * 401(k) Defined Benefit Pension Plan Profit Sharing Plan ** * requirements and agreement involved ** company profits driven
Assists the location manager by directing day-to-day receiving, production, and distribution operations to ensure grain quality for truck, rail, barge, and processing mill facilities in assigned territory by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates movement of grain, grain quality, truck, and rail unloading, and bin logistics.
- Assign mixing and blending of grain from multiple bins each day by communicating to the team through written orders indicating which bins of grain to move, where to move the grain, scheduled sampling of the grain as directed by management, and ensuring the proper quality of grain is shipped.
- Ensure that maintenance and housekeeping are performed in accordance with Heartland Co-op procedures. Create and follow daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance programs and record maintenance records in the RCI computer system.
- Assist with completing and logging pertinent state, local, and safety compliance.
- Schedule and assign daily job duties to employees. Assist in scheduling to ensure sufficient staffing for loading and unloading trucks, railcars, and/or barges as well as staffing needs for processing mill facilities where applicable.
- Recommend plant and elevator upgrades and budget items that may assist with better product quality as well as time and money savings.
- Reviews expenses and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance the profitable operation of the location.
- Limit outbound product discounts to levels assigned by management and maintain an overall positive mix and blend margin.
- Assist Manager with overseeing, assigning, and managing all listed daily tasks and operations at assigned locations.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the processing mill and assist with overseeing daily operations with an emphasis on accurate and consistent testing procedures and product quality.
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate inbound/outbound grain by truck, rail, and/or barge as well as assist in managing a 24-hour operation schedule.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and commercial insurability at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned.