- Operate pellet mill and related equipment.
- Perform regular maintenance on pellet mill, shaker, bagging and associated equipment.
- Maintain good housekeeping in pellet mill area.
- Maintain a high level of quality control at all times.
- Keep production records on all feeds run through pellet mill.
- Responsible for bagging operation and proper coding of feed bags.
- Inform Feed Mill Manager of any feed mill supplies needed.
- Load bagged feed and other warehouse items for customers when additional help is needed.
- Check with Production Coordinator to get feed run for trucking schedule.
- Sequence feed properly to prevent drug carryover or ruminant meat and bone contamination.
- Check bins to see if empty, closed, and free of contamination. Erase bin board when finished running load.
- Check that all necessary machinery is running.
- Be sure feed is pellets, crumbles or cubes.
- Run mill at determined speed and steam setting to get good product.
- Keep rolls and knives adjusted properly.
- Check mash for proper texture, color and smell.
- Keep bin board current and up to date.
- Make sure distributor is set for correct bin.
- Follow rules set forth in Quality Assurance manual and follow all Good Manufacturing Regulations.
- Maintain and promote a good attitude toward fellow employees and customers.
- Promote safety and follow all United Farmers Cooperative HACCP, FDA and OSHA safety guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Feed Mill Manager.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- 1-2 years’ mill work experience preferred.
- Agricultural background preferred.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Technical experience in working with equipment.
- Must be able to manage time effectively.
BENEFITSThe benefit package available to all full time employees includes:
- Medical Insurance w/ Prescription Coverage
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Medical & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Retirement Pension Plan
- 401K Retirement Account w/ Company Match
- Employee Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Annual Clothing Allowance
Immediate Supervisor: Feed Mill Manager
BASIC PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
This position is accountable for daily pellet mill and shaker operation. This position is also responsible for bagging and proper quality control.