- Maintain rolling stock and all energy fixed assets.
- Communicate safe storage and handling procedures to all customers.
- Deliver bulk orders safely, following regulations.
- Operate the delivery vehicle in a safe manner and maintain the delivery vehicle.
- Make proper recommendations and applications of products sold.
- Know prices of products and services.
- Assist in developing competitive market strategies.
- Develop and maintain routing, keep-fill, and degree-day systems.
- Perform customer tank maintenance.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Required to obtain propane certification.
- Complete proper documentation for all services rendered.
- Responsible for completing driver’s daily inspection reports.
- Enforce and adhere to the company credit policy.
- Establish and maintain efficient route for effective and efficient deliveries.
- Maintain good communication with stores and other personal via phone and radio messaging.
- Adhere strictly to the delivery price sheet provided by management. Any deviation from route price sheet due to special circumstance will require management approval.
- Understand and maintain the professional image of Farmers Union Cooperative.
- Establish cohesive working relations with other Farmers Union Cooperative employees, its patrons, and vendors to establish a positive work environment.
- Complete training and attend meetings/workshops/seminars/continuing education appropriate to the position, as assigned and approved by direct supervisor.
- Inform direct supervisor of all relevant departmental issues in a timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
- Assist other locations as needed.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulations and Farmers Union Cooperative’s policies, including Farmers Union Cooperative’s safety policies.
RESPONSIBILITIESThese are the basic duties and responsibilities of the position and must be performed competently.
QUALIFICATIONSMinimum experience and qualifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or four months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Class A CDL required with Hazmat Tanker and Airbrake endorsements.
- CETP certification or ability to obtain one.
- Maintain current license that apply to the position.
- Clean driving record with all applicable endorsements required experience with fast-paced delivery experience preferred.
- Available to work extended hours when needed
Job purpose – The position of a Propane Delivery Driver is of great significance to Farmers Union Cooperative.
- A person in this position is responsible to plan, promote, and deliver propane gas, equipment, and related services in a manner that will optimize the cooperative’s market share and savings, improve the cooperative’s efficiency, and result in outstanding customer service.