Cherokee, Kingsley, Albert City, Marcus, Holstein, Laurens or Paullina, IA
AgState is currently seeking an Operations Technician! Do you love working with your hands and being outside? Are you a hard worker with a desire to grow and learn in your career? Join our team today!
We are seeking a motivated individual who will be responsible, under the direction of the Location Leader, for agronomy operations. At our company, you will find a team atmosphere committed to safety and excellent customer service and a stable career that offers excellent benefits!
- Maintain and assist in the operations of the facility:
- Perform outside maintenance
- Perform basic maintenance on application equipment
- Perform daily maintenance checks on all running equipment and trucks
- Prepare rail cars and unload cars according to specifications as needed
- Perform maintenance and repairs on anhydrous ammonia equipment
- Train and assist in other departments and locations as needed.
Support all aspects of Agronomy Operations
- Handle ag chemicals and fertilizer
- Understand chemical rates, uses, and restrictions
- Help service and repair equipment as necessary
- Deliver seed as required
- Abide by our values and practices by:
- Working in a safe & efficient manner
- Providing above average customer service
- Performing equipment and facility maintenance including housekeeping, daily maintenance checks, and basic maintenance as required
- Demonstrate work habits that build, and support the team concept
- Assisting other locations, as needed
- Class A CDL with tanker and hazmat endorsement preferred or willingness to obtain.
- Commercial Applicator and Handler License preferred or willingness to obtain
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to wear respirator where required.
To submit your application or to view our other openings within the company visit us online at www.AgState.edu Contact Human Resources for an Internal Application.