BENEFITSMedical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life, Short Term + Long Term Disability, 401K + Roth w/ Company Match, Pension, Uniform and Boot Allowance and more.
Innovative Ag Services is accepting applications for their 2022 Summer Internship Program. IAS is proud to recruit talented individuals that will be a good fit for us now and as future leaders in agriculture. IAS is confident in having the capabilities to provide the tools and resources to students to learn the ins and outs of a cooperative, as well as assisting with solidifying their career paths within the agricultural sector.
Innovative Ag Services is a full service farm cooperative offering a complete line of supplies and services to meet all of your farm needs. We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. Our 30 locations are located throughout northeast and central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. IAS ranks as one of the Top Agricultural Cooperatives in Iowa.
Primary Objective: To gain experience in multiple areas of the agriculture business while providing the company with operations abilities in a safe, effective manner for the benefit of IAS and its member owners.
Agronomy Internship – Level I:
- Designed for Freshman and Sophomore level students enrolled in post-secondary education
- Promote the sales of all Innovative Ag Services products and programs
- Scout assigned producer fields providing written feedback to primary agronomist and producer
- Communicate on a regular basis with sales and location team members
- Assist with in-season seed and Precision Ag activities as assigned
- Submit weekly reports of contacts made and customer/competitor activity
- Participate in planned training and agronomy coordination meetings
- Report and work with agronomist and location managers to quickly resolve any concerns/complaints brought forward by current/prospective customers
Agronomy Internship – Level II:
- Designed for Junior & Senior level students enrolled in post-secondary education
- In addition to completing tasks assigned in Agronomy Level I, Level II interns will also gain knowledge and develop skills and work habits by working alongside Agronomy Sales Advisors and experience real world, on the job training within the field of agriculture. Level II interns will also be given the opportunity to promote the sales of all Innovative Ag Services products and programs.
Preferred Majors: Agronomy and Crop Science or related field of study
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient and confident technological skills, especially with Microsoft Suite. This internship will also be exposed to learning scouting software and soil scan machines.
- Display a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments efficiently.
- Ability to communicate information or ideas effectively in written or oral form.
- Ability to organize, effectively manage change, and work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Class A or B CDL with hazmat endorsement, seasonal CDL preferred
Physical Requirements/Environmental Adaptability:
- Agricultural Environment – Possible exposure to seasonal weather, outdoor conditions, and agriculture products.
- Personal Protective Equipment may be required for some tasks.
Innovative Ag Services is built on its purpose statement: Growing Relationships to Maximize Success! We provide value-added products and services to over 5,000 members in the grain, agronomy, feed, energy and building supply markets. Our 32 locations are conveniently located throughout northeast & central Iowa and southwest Wisconsin. Grow with us!
Innovative Ag Services is an Equal Opportunity employer and is proud to have a drug-free environment. All employment offers are contingent upon applicant successfully completing drug and background screenings.