The goal of the Advanced Director Training programs offered by the IIC is to extend the knowledge and understanding of issues cooperative board of directors will address within their responsibilities on the board. We spend a full day on a single topic/issue and bring in experts to explain, clarify and answer your questions.
This year we are offering Advanced Director Training- Financial Statement Notes and other topics of importance within your audit that will help you become more familiar with this information source.
Dennis Gardiner, Managing Partner, Gardiner + Company and Stacey Webster, Director of Co-op Development for IIC, will be your speakers for the day.
The program will include:
• Review of the different kinds of financial statement reports
• Review of different audit opinions
• Review of financial statement notes
• The role and duties of audit committee
• Impact of your investments on financial statements
• Various audit letters
Dennis and Stacey have planned table top and group exercises with real world examples to illustrate the topics and encourage discussion.