The goal of the day is to:
• Familiarize your interns with what a cooperative is
• Discuss why cooperatives matter
• Discuss what makes cooperatives different from other business structures
• Discuss why they should consider a cooperative as a career path
The day includes the following sessions:
- Dr. Keri Jacobs, Assistant Professor, ISU IIC Economics Professor
Dr. Jacobs will lead session focusing on the foundations and history of cooperatives, using the 7 Cooperative Principles to lead the discussions.
- MIke Gaul, Director, ISU CALS Career Services
Mike Gaul will walk through steps of evaluating a job offer. Co-ops offer many benefits to employees, students need to understand how to evaluate and determine the value of an offer on all its merits.
- Cooperative Leaders, Farmer Panel
The panel will share why their cooperative is important to them and what the value proposition is to their operation.
- Dr. Will Secor, Economist CoBank
Dr. Secor will discuss blockchain and other emerging technologies that may impact your cooperative and the services you provide.
See registration packet for complete agenda and registration information.